Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: merging interface

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: merging interface
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:59:04 +0100

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

Agreed, but how does monotone know if a file is binary?  I know
there's a mechanism to *guess*, but it's not used very much at all, at
least last I looked...

Monotone needs to learn about this, especially if the plan is for the repository always to contain the canonical line ending - performing line-ending conversions on binary files is clearly wrong. I think CVS' just-don't-even-try approach to merging binary files is (despite the fac that it's CVS :-) in fact right.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.