Re: [Monotone-devel] merging interface (was Re: Status update)

From: derek
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] merging interface (was Re: Status update)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:14:12 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Bruce Stephens wrote:
Really what I'd like is to be left with a working tree with the
conflicting files indicated in some way: then I can deal with them in
an order that makes sense to me, and I can perform whatever sanity
checks on the merged tree that make sense.  Then I can make sure that
my merge cert actually means something about the revision.

Can I do that in some way now?

I don't think so but I did see something from Graydon a while ago about
merge into working copy being relatively simple with the new changeset stuff. I don't have any details but it does sound like he has some good ideas on how this will be handled.

One thing that would be nice to have is the ability to specifiy the (2 or more) heads that you are interested in merging rather than getting all of the available heads. This may be possible now, I think, by temporarily updating your trust hooks to only see the heads your interested in but it seems that allowing optional id's as arguments to the merge command might be better.

Cheers,
Derek