[Monotone-devel] Re: user-friendly hash formats, redux

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: user-friendly hash formats, redux
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:55:41 +0000

Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Ah, but you still have problems.  There are both within-language
> phonetic processes: in English, "ada" and "ata" are pronounced
> identically

I think that must be another localization issue: "ada" and "ata" don't
seem to *me* to be pronounced identically.

Overall I think Derek's right: it would be better to make more use of
selections (extending them if it seems useful) than to try to make
hashes more user-friendly by providing new forms for them.