[Monotone-devel] Re: Branch naming conventions

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Branch naming conventions
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:31:45 +0000

Nathan Myers <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> It's something that you and every other programmer who might possibly
> use monotone is very, very used to.  The only people who have ever
> even seen the other are Java coders.  (Any of _them_ who don't think
> it's whacked will be managers or Walmart stockboys soon enough.)

There are X.500 distinguished names.  Amusingly, both big-endian and
little-endian syntaxes exist
(<http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/tutorial/ldap/models/x500.html>
shows an example of each).  My impression is that little-endian is
winning, for what it's worth.

Another example might be file paths, where everyone always used
big-endian representations, didn't they?  I can't think of a
little-endian representation, anyway.

[...]