[Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.22

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.22
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 01:53:17 -0700

I'm please to announce that monotone 0.22 is now available at
http://venge.net/monotone/.  As always, more binary packages will
appear mysteriously from the ether over the next day or two.

The biggest change in this release is the switch of our underlying
crypto library from crypto++ to botan.  This should have no
user-visible effects, but let us know if you see anything weird.

Otherwise, this is mostly a bug fix and smoothing-things-out release.
Some error messages are a little more informative, 'merge' and
'propagate' now take an '--lca' option as a convenience to avoid
explicit_merge until we get merging fixed properly, etc.

The biggest change is that the get_netsync_anonymous_read_permitted
and get_netsync_read_permitted hooks have been merged; experience
showed them to be very confusing.  When upgrading to 0.22, server
operators should:
  -- remove get_netsync_anonymous_read_permitted
  -- if necessary, adjust get_netsync_read_permitted to take into
     account the possibility of receiving the Lua special value
     'nil' as a key id.

If you allow anonymous reads, you probably have:
   function get_netsync_anonymous_read_permitted(branch)
       return true
   end
   function get_netsync_read_permitted(branch, keyid)
       return true
   end
Just make it:
   function get_netsync_read_permitted(branch, keyid)
       return true
   end

If you don't, you probably have:
   function get_netsync_anonymous_read_permitted(branch)
       return false
   end
   function get_netsync_read_permitted(branch, keyid)
       <conditionals here>
       return false
   end
Just make this:
   function get_netsync_read_permitted(keyid)
       <conditionals here>
       return false
   end
Or, to be extra certain:
   function get_netsync_read_permitted(branch, keyid)
       if keyid == nil then return false end
       <conditionals here>
       return false
   end

(Of course, if you're upgrading from 0.20, you also need to delete the
branch argument from you get_netsync_write_permitted hook or you will
get mysterious permission denied messages.)

Enjoy,

.i dei jitfa fanmo xatra