Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.22

From: Daniel THOMPSON
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [ANNOUNCE] monotone 0.22
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:34:24 +0100

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 14:05 +1200, Matthew Gregan wrote:
> We shouldn't be able to end up in a situation where the .mt-attrs file
> has records in it for files that don't exist in that revision...
> perhaps there is not enough sanity checking being done on the .mt-attrs
> file.

If anyone attempts to perform stronger error checking on .mt-attrs then
please remember that this file is used not only to manage the execute
bit but also to create empty directories when using a 'broken' build
system that requires empty directories to exist.

Since it bolts straight into lua it can be used for a whole bunch of
other weird and confusing things as well.

--
Daniel Thompson (STMicroelectronics) <address@hidden>
1000 Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4SQ. 01454 462659

If a car is a horseless carriage then is a motorcycle a horseless horse?