Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone revert

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone revert
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:28:14 -0600

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:
In message <address@hidden> on Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:33:22 -0800, Nathaniel Smith
<address@hidden> said:

njs> Comments would be appreciated.  In particular, what do people
njs> think of having:
njs>   * 'revert foo/bar.txt' -> works as now
njs>   * 'revert --all' -> works like current 'revert'
njs>   * 'revert' -> error?
[...]
njs> So the question seems to be what actual users would prefer...
njs> comments please!

For things like revert, I would always lean on the safer side rather
than getting an unwanted surprise.

Why not 'revert .'?  My mind is a little blurry for the moment, wasn't
there another command that took the '.' argument to signify that the
whole tree should be considered?

Well 'monotone drop' and 'monotone add' require paths like that to work on the tree. 'monotone revert' could work along those lines. Also I am wondering if we even need a "revert whole tree" type command. Dosen't monotone revert . from the project root do just that (like monotone add .)?

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Digium