Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone revert

From: Ian France
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Monotone revert
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:54:39 +0000

Nathaniel Smith wrote:

Comments would be appreciated.  In particular, what do people think of
having:
  * 'revert foo/bar.txt' -> works as now
  * 'revert --all' -> works like current 'revert'
  * 'revert' -> error?
<snip>
So the question seems to be what actual users would prefer... comments
please!

-- Nathaniel

This seems like a good compromise. So long as the error given by a lonely 'revert' indicates that --all will revert everything.

I don't know if you discussed this on the IRC but would retaining the current behaviour but adding a confirm question by possible. So we had:

 %monotone revert
  Warning, this will revert all files. Do you wish to continue?

or something similar. There could be a --force option to do it without the question.

Anyway thats my twopenneth,

Ian.