[Monotone-devel] Can anyone check for the old ipv6 bug?

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Can anyone check for the old ipv6 bug?
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 13:39:14 -0700

0.25 etc. had a bug where on various old systems that didn't actually
have IPv6 support, 'monotone serve' wouldn't work unless you used
something like 'monotone serve --bind=<an ipv4 address>'.  Can anyone
who used to have this problem confirm that it is fixed with 0.26pre3
or current mainline?

The symptom was the error message:
   monotone: fatal: std::runtime_error: network error: failure from
   socket(2): Address family not supported by protocol
Ideal would be a report from someone who _does_ get this error message
with stock 0.25, on whether the same happens with 0.26pre3...

(Please make sure that you compile 0.26pre3 with --enable-ipv6.)

There is code to fix it, but I'm remembering now that I think someone
said on IRC that it still was broken for them.  It's hard to test
without access to an appropriate system, and no-one seems to have
really commented after the purported fix went in.

The Universe may  /  Be as large as they say
But it wouldn't be missed  /  If it didn't exist.
  -- Piet Hein