Re: [Monotone-devel] Can anyone check for the old ipv6 bug?

From: Nuno Lucas
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Can anyone check for the old ipv6 bug?
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 00:20:25 +0100

On 4/6/06, Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hmm, not _entirely_ trivial for me, my distro sets up IPv6 support
> automatically, so I'd have to actually rebuild my kernel, can't just
> rmmod them...

# cd /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/net/ipv6
# mv ipv6.ko ipv6.ko.bak
[reboot]

Lot's of error messages, but ipv4 will still work, so only if you
depend on IPv6 your system will loose internet access (very unlikely).

> > I'm not using 0.26 yet, so can't test it....
>
> Sure you can -- just grab
>   http://venge.net/monotone/downloads/mtn-0.26pre3-linux-x86.bz2
> and run
>   $ mtn -d test.db db init
>   $ mtn -d test.db serve '*'

"[...] libstdc++.so.6: version 'GLIBCXX_3.4.6' not found [...]"

As it's normal more or less since the 0.24 or 0.25 versions (even
though I'm using a "modern" Ubuntu 5.10 system).

I would need to rebuild it also, and that takes so long....
It's faster to build a linux kernel :-D

> :-)

;-)

Best regards,