Re: [Monotone-devel] public information currency issuance available at i

From: J. Patrick Bedell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] public information currency issuance available at ic.infoeng.org:38443
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:21:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Richard,

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker wrote:

Well, I wish I understood the Internet Draft well enough to begin
with.  Some people have mentioned that organisations like the IRS may
frown upon this, is that something you have considered?  Or is your
effort more into the kind of economy that some label "green economy"
or other alternate economies more or less entirely outside of the
current global economical system?

I'm trying to make the Internet draft understandable by implementation. I'm also trying to create incentives and capabilities for people to exploit the price system for collective evaluation of software, which is something that people will have to do a considerable amount of learning to effectively use.

Besides, I feel a bit unsure about the security details for your
solution...

You should! However, once an issuer of information currency has made the public commitment to transfer large amounts of economic value for individual ICUs, you should:

  have a great degree of assurance in the system OR
exploit with others the opportunity to steal from the issuer ("forging" ICUs for payment transfers, etc.).

Would you be willing to package 3 days worth of icsvn ic and send them to me at address@hidden I could potentially exchange that generated ic for transfers over paypal.com in SEK, USD, or EUR, at a rate over time that is dependent on the inflation inherent in monetary systems.

Would one cannabis seed for one metallic currency unit be a fair trade? The use value of one united states penny is considerably lower than that of one cannabis seed!

chewie> > Would you as a coder be willing to trade three days worth of
chewie> > your icsvn information currency for 30.000 cannabis seeds
chewie> > presentable immediately on demand?

Uhmm, I'm a consultant, so you would be able to purchase my time all
right.  But cannabis seeds?  Although I've nothing against cannabis,
I've no use for it.  Sorry, until your system has proven itself a
little better, I think I'll stay with more widely accepted currencies,
such as Euro, USD or SEK.

I would be happy to purchase 3 days of icsvn information currency for 30000 pennies or some equivalent object in other political monetary systems. Please send it to address@hidden, and I will respond with payment by some means. Thanks for your cooperation as this payment mechanism evolves!