Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki and monotone

From: Brian May
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki and monotone
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:40:13 +1000

    UTF> Just a thought, can't you exploit mtn attr set/get for that?
    UTF> Give a file an attribute birth-date when you add it first
    UTF> time to the repo?

    UTF> And taking this thought further, maybe monotone should attach
    UTF> this attribute, and maybe more than just this one, to a file
    UTF> automatically when the file is added to the repository.

I also considered this, however:

* I read somewhere that attributes are slow.

* I believe attributes are per file revision - so you would need to
set the attribute for each revision (correct me if I am wrong).

* The file creation date (or at least the date the file was first
checked in) is already stored in the database.
--
Brian May <address@hidden>