Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki and monotone

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ikiwiki and monotone
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:28:38 -0700

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 07:09:08PM +1000, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 12:46:54AM -0700, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> > To avoid this, we should add an "automate get_birth_revision" command,
> > or something like that.  We recently added "get_corresponding_path"
> > and "get_content_changed" commands to expose similar bits of roster
> > information
>
> I figured that get_content_changed | toposort would be the way to get
> this, absent a specific command.

get_content_changed doesn't tell you all of the times that something
was changed, just gives you a pointer to the previous time.  You have
to call it repeatedly if you want to find out all the times it was
changed.

But, it just so happens that we store both the previous time each file
was changed, and also the time when it was first created, so we might
as well expose both :-).

In mathematics, it's not enough to read the words
you have to hear the music