[Monotone-devel] Re: ikiwiki and monotone

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: ikiwiki and monotone
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:37:43 +0100

Chad Walstrom <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> GNATS itself also uses RFC-822 files as its database, and
> directories that signify categories.  I hadn't thought of the
> possibility of checking in these files into monotone, but it could
> work quite well actually.  The tools for querying and manipulating
> the database are already created, and I'm working on cleaning up the
> old code-base some.

It's probably worth mentioning Bugs Everywhere, too:
<http://www.panoramicfeedback.com/opensource/>.

The basic idea of keeping your bug database with the code seems
attractive: they can follow ancestry and so on.

I'm not entirely convinced, though.  Do you have to modify every
branch once you find a general bug?  Ah, I guess DaggyFixes resolves
that neatly: you just add it to an ancestor, and merge to the relevant
branches?

[...]