Re: [Monotone-devel] Tagging a revision?

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Tagging a revision?
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:09:53 -0600

Markus Meyer <address@hidden>  wrote:
> sorry if this is obvious but I couldn't find it in the docs (maybe
> I'm looking in the wrong places?). In CVS I have the ability to tag
> a repository, that is I can say "this revision's name is
> RELEASE_1_60". I can then subsequently use this revision name on
> checkouts, for example.  Is this possible in Monotone, too (without
> creating a branch)?

Yep, it's called "mtn tag". ;-)  Note, you can't float a monotone tag
from one revision to another.  You COULD tag multiple revisions with
the same name, but that would just be weird.  A tag is simply a
specially named cert on a revision.
--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/