[Monotone-devel] line endings with 0.31

From: Kelly F. Hickel
Subject: [Monotone-devel] line endings with 0.31
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:55:27 -0600

Hi all,
        We're looking at possibly converting from CVS to MTN by the end
of the year, and I have some questions.  At the moment, I'm a bit
concerned about line endings.  I've looked in the wiki, read the page
there and the threads linked to, I've also read the doc on what's in
0.31.  The proposals for future changes look good, but I'm not sure that
0.31 is going to work for us.

One of our issues is that we build our code on many platforms (including
VMS, z/OS, HP-NSK, OS/400) and since mtn doesn't yet run in all these
places (mtn would probably port easily enough, but boost may not), we'd
be doing at least some of our workspaces via NFS/SMB, and so the native
line ending where we're doing the checkout may not be what we want for
the workspace.

Questions:

1) I see that I can specify a hook to control what line endings I want
in my workspace versus db, is there a sample hook out there anywhere
suitable for a linux hosted "master" db with development going on both
on windows and unix?

2) Is there a way to designate a file as binary (or non-transformable)
in 0.31? I didn't see one, I also didn't see any way for the hook to
look at the filename to make a determination, did I miss something, or
is there no way to do this today?

--
Kelly F. Hickel
Senior Software Architect