Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn cat vs. mtn automate get_file

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] mtn cat vs. mtn automate get_file
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:39:18 -0800

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 02:11:15PM +0100, Thomas Keller wrote:
> Nathaniel Smith schrieb:
> > 'cat' seems like a fundamental enough operation that we might as well
> > just provide it as a primitive.  ('get_file' is a primitive too, in a
> > difference sense.)  Perhaps get_file_of, by analogy to
> > get_manifest_of?
>
> This is now implemented, documented and has a test.

Woo.

I know that we have the ability to use options in automate now, and
this is totally an aesthetic judgement, but get_file_of the _only_
command of its type that uses -r to specify revisions seems weird and
inconsistent.  Maybe it would be better to make it consistent with the
other commands for now, and then as a separate step, if there is
consensus that we really want to do things that way, switch over all
the automate commands to use -r at once?

Damn the Solar System.  Bad light; planets too distant; pestered with
comets; feeble contrivance; could make a better one myself.
  -- Lord Jeffrey