Re: [Monotone-devel] automate inventory

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] automate inventory
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:31:59 -0400

Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> writes:

> I get the impression that the inventory fixes, for instance, are just
> stalled because everyone is nervous there are things they haven't
> thought of and that could be arbitrarily bad, I mean who *knows* what
> you haven't thought of, you certainly don't...

I think (hope? ) that's not true any longer.

Thomas Keller and I have been working on getting the
nvm.basic_io.inventory branch to the point where automate inventory
passes a reasonable set of tests. The information content and format
works well for the Emacs DVC interface, and Thomas is using it for
guitone.

There are a few more tests that should be written, but otherwise I
believe this branch is ready to be merged to main. I think Thomas
agrees.

I was waiting for the 0.36 release to be done to raise this issue
again, and then I was waiting for time to write those "few more
tests". But I think it is ready to merge now.

--
-- Stephe