[Monotone-devel] couple of things

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: [Monotone-devel] couple of things
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:07:13 -0500

1) I imported PCRE 7.6.  I also switched the Debian package to use the
system-provided libpcre.  This is an experiment; I don't expect any
trouble but if there is any it goes right back to the bundled version.

1a) The configure script now will not let you use a system-provided
libpcre if it's a different version than the bundled one.  The
rationale for this is that we want each version of monotone to have a
predictable regex syntax, and to do that, we have to nail down the
pcre version.  I will hear counterarguments, though.  (Or, send Philip
Hazel patches to improve his API so this ceases to be a problem.)

2) I propose to merge nvm.experiment.encapsulation to trunk on
Saturday or Sunday.  I do not consider it 100% done, and I hope to
finish the remaining work before then, but if I don't, I'm going to
merge it anyway, because 95% is enough.  If anyone has comments,
criticisms, or additional patches, now is the time.

zw