Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone server

From: Daniel Carrera
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone server
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 12:04:53 +0200

Lapo Luchini wrote:
"mtn serve" has the advantage to allow multiple users to sync
concurrently, but if your expected concurrency is low (not too many
developers) you can certainly sync with the "central server" using
sync-over-SSH,

Yeah, low concurrency. One developer :-)

The web host is not going to install monotone for me, but I figure I can upload a pre-compiled binary myself.

My project is a web application. So the server should have a working directory of the project to serve as the live site. I guess that the way to update those files is to ssh to the server and run mtn update:

myComp$ mtn commit
myComp$ mtn push https://address@hidden com.foo.main
myComp$ ssh address@hidden
... login ...
Server% cd live_site
Server% mtn update

Now, suppose that the server files have been tampered. What should I do to have Monotone check the integrity of the server? With my current system I have no way to do that and I think that integrity checks would be a nice feature to have.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Daniel.