[Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone server

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone server
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 13:00:15 +0200

Daniel Carrera wrote:
> The web host is not going to install monotone for me, but I figure I can
> upload a pre-compiled binary myself.

If you've got SSH access then most probably you can (except they maybe
but the "noexec" bit on the web users filesystem), only take care to put
it in something that's in your PATH of course ($HOME/bin might already
be in it).

> myComp$ mtn commit
> myComp$ mtn push https://address@hidden com.foo.main
> myComp$ ssh address@hidden
> ... login ...
> Server% cd live_site
> Server% mtn update

Could also be automated… but it gets a bit more tricky =)

On that side, I guess other people that already did it once can help you
more… (Richard did something nice using a file-timestamp-based cron or
something, AFAIR)

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“Digital files cannot be made uncopyable, any more than water can be
made not wet.” (Bruce Schneier, 2001-05-15)