Re: [Monotone-devel] strptime not in MinGW time.h

From: Thomas Moschny
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] strptime not in MinGW time.h
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:53:01 +0200

Stephen Leake <address@hidden>:

> Various web links hint that strptime is in glibc, so I don't
> understand why it's not in MinGW.

MinGW uses (i.e. provides headers for) the standard C runtime as
provided by the Windows OS. And as far as I understand, there's simply
no strptime() in that runtime, so we have to provide our own
implementation (which basically means copying one of the various
versions already provided by other open source projects).

--
Thomas Moschny  <address@hidden>