[Monotone-devel] Re: 0.48 rants

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: 0.48 rants
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 21:04:05 +0200

Lapo Luchini wrote:
> FWIW, I find myself writing the ChangeLog always on the first line and
> then cut-and-pasting below...

...but down this line there's no improvement possible, that might be
just habit. Difficult to say just now. =)

It's nice to be able to change date and author easily, TOH I always find
myself worrying about non-issues like "on WHICH line after Changelog:
should I write? the first, the second? and wait, the whitespace GET
TRIMMED, right?" (I'm a bit of a paranoid with whitespace), overall I'd
say I'd be best (and most retro-compatible) to have Changelog at the
top, then a line and all the rest, prtty much as it is now.

This of course breaks the parallel between the "mtn log" format and the
one shown on commit.

I restrained by voice so far just because I was not active enough on the
ML while this feature was developer so I finda think I should have
voiced my ideas back then, not now, when that's in an official release
and all.. :P

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's
supposed to do.” (Robert A. Heinlein, "Waldo & Magic, Inc.", 1950)