Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Quick poll: monotone-users list?

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Quick poll: monotone-users list?
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:37:55 +0200

Am 14.07.2010 10:26, schrieb Gour:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:32:04 +0200
>
> Thomas> The discussion came up yesterday that some people are annoyed
> Thomas> of the amount of tickt / savannah spam on the development list.
>
> My suggestion is to use better bug tracker. Roundup, e.g. creates
> so-called 'nosy' list for every ticket and it's easy to  add/remove
> devs from it. There is even email interface to do it.

Actually, I don't want to jump ships every two to three months. I'm ok
with Savannah (i.e. I'm not a hater), but I won't mind to use something
else, _as long_ as the "new" thing is permanent for at least a year.

And seriously, we all have our pets, but in the end putting too much
effort in these areas just draws away time for more important things.

> Thomas> So, would you like to see [+1] (or even subscribe to [+2])
> Thomas> monotone-users? Or is monotone-devel, monotone-announce and
> Thomas> monotone-i18n enough [-1]?
>
> What about "won't subscribe [-2]" ?

I thought of [-2] more as "no, not another bikeshed discussion" and [-1]
as won't use / subscribe, but whatever :)

Thomas.