[Monotone-devel] Re: Quick poll: monotone-users list?

From: Gour
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Quick poll: monotone-users list?
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:15:07 +0200

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:31:14 +0200
>>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Keller <address@hidden> wrote:

Thomas> This might work for bigger communities, but I think not for
Thomas> ours. Only a few people would subscribe to -tickets and this
Thomas> would lead to the same problem: If something was reported on
Thomas> savannah and I (or somebody else) "accidentially" noticed it, I
Thomas> had to bug one of the other devs manually to create awareness
Thomas> of the problem and eventually fix it.

As I already wrote Rounup has required feature, but using Indefero
might be better providing complete solution.

Thomas> Is there #savannah-haters anywhere? I somehow have the
Thomas> impression this channel would have many users...

Only http://www.myspace.com/503975593 :-)

Thomas> The recent discussion about the changelog editing capabilities
Thomas> made me thought that a separate -users list could be useful in
Thomas> another area as well: to let interested parties know that new
Thomas> features arrived in mainline. Purely informational, of course,
Thomas> but with a few examples and maybe links to the daily builds
Thomas> which incorporate these changes.

It will be useful, especially for the new mtn users arriving. ;)

Thomas> Heavily depends on the number of users on -users of course -
Thomas> right now the amount of marketing I try to do for monotone
Thomas> already hits my upper bounds, and with no users reading /
Thomas> discussing these things it makes obviously no sense.

I'm sorry you have such experience...let's hope it will improve.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: F96FF5F6