Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone-usher or usher-server and usher

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone-usher or usher-server and usher
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 00:01:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 11:40:16 +0100, Richard Levitte wrote:

> Yup, that's not the correct server.  The debian stuff is in
> mtn://code.monotone.ca/debian-mtn
>
> However, considering what I wrote above, that isn't enough either. A
> quick way to do this is:
>
> mtn clone
> "mtn://code.monotone.ca/contrib?net.venge.monotone.contrib.usher" usher
> cd usher
> mtn clone "mtn://code.monotone.ca/debian-mtn?org.debian.usher" debian
>
> The correct way is a little bit more complex.  Since Debian packages are
> built from source distributions, the correct way is to build a source
> distribution, unpack that, clone the debian directory inside the
> resulting directory, then build your debian package from there (using
> debuild or pbuilder or whatever you fancy)

So this means I make nested checkouts, without using merge-into-dir
which was supposed to replace nested checkouts.

Is there any documentation on how nested workspaces are supposed to work?

Are these projects sufficiently disjoint that I should keep them in
separate databases following the each-project-has-its-own-database
best-practice? Might it make netsync awkward if I don't keep them
separate? Does the local database keep track of which other database
separate for each branch, or is it just one for all?

-- hendrik