Re: [Monotone-devel] status of release 1.1

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] status of release 1.1
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 00:28:05 +0200

Markus Wanner schrieb:
> On 05/04/2014 12:06 AM, Thomas Keller wrote:
>> So I guess the timestamp that it supposed to handle
>> ("1901-12-13T20:45:51") should not be acceptable with a 32 bit time_t
>> and it should fail in such a case.
>
> Exactly.
>
> While time_t itself is 64-bits, some mktime internals are not. Maybe
> Apple just doesn't care about dates prior 1902. Maybe I should have done
> the same rather than the extensive check. It's not like people use
> monotone to handle such dates...

I can confirm that the dates_roundtrip_localtimes test now runs through
without issues. Well done!

Weird in the mktime semantics is really that - in the positive
directions - mktime can cope with dates beyond 2038, just not in the
negative direction with dates before 1902.

Anyways, thanks again,
Thomas.