nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [Request] allow deleting a marked region without affect

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [Request] allow deleting a marked region without affecting the cutbuffer
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:50:21 -0500

Brand Huntsman:
> Ya, ZAP was used for undo, and I realize that name looks like alphabet
> soup. But it makes some sense if you know what BSP and DEL are in that
> context, because it enables zap for those keys.

True, but if there are still plans to eventually allow M-Del to zap
marked text, regardless of the -Z option, mentioning Bsp and Del in the
description might be confusing.

Also, I'm wondering: how do you generate your git patches?  I'm
currently using git 2.19.1, and when I try applying your patches via git
am, I just get "Patch format detection failed."  If I manually delete
the ">" from the beginning of the first "From" line, then it can detect
them, but it's unusual.