nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [Request] allow deleting a marked region without affect

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [Request] allow deleting a marked region without affecting the cutbuffer
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 15:30:17 -0600

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 20:49:51 +0200
Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> But... this means that when you do cutbuffer = old_cutbuffer at the
> end, the temporary cutbuffer itself is "lost in space": it is leaked.

Oops, I originally modified update_undo() to move cutbuffer into the undo,
instead of copying. But the code wasn't working and I forgot that cutbuffer
would need to be freed without it.

> > I don't know how to fix this, but when zap is by copy, my help
> > items are paired and without the zap patch they aren't.
>
> Strange.  What compile options do you use?  That is: output of 'nano
> --version'.

 Compiled options: --disable-justify --disable-libmagic
 --disable-speller --disable-wrapping-as-root --disable-nls
 --enable-utf8