nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [Request] allow deleting a marked region without affect

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [Request] allow deleting a marked region without affecting the cutbuffer
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 23:38:47 -0600

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 19:40:45 -0600
Brand Huntsman <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Your new patches do have the ">".  I'm attaching a test one of mine
> > to see if the same applies on my end.
>
> It seems my ISP is adding the ">". I am able to apply the patches
> with 'git am' if I delete the entire first "From ..." line. Do you
> know if that line is needed in any way by git or would it be safe for
> me to delete it before sending future patches?

This might be a problem with gnu.org because
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2018-08/txtdfQPqm7EJv.txt has the
same issue. It has been happening off and on for all of 2018, maybe longer. And
the last patches I sent have the ">" in the archive but arrived to me without
it. Some mail servers apparently have a problem with a "From " at the start of
a line in the body.