nano-devel

Re: RFC: pruning some syntaxes

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: RFC: pruning some syntaxes
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 18:45:23 -0600

On 19:19 Thu  9-Apr-2020, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > That directory could also be used to dump all less common syntaxes.
>
> Which of the current syntaxes would you consider as less common and move
> down to extra/?

An unused syntax for me could be used daily by someone else. I wouldn't
move anything other than distro syntaxes.

There have been requests to add syntaxes for new languages with very
few users. I wouldn't add any of them to nano until distros begin adding
them. They could then be placed in extras, and moved up if the syntax
becomes more widely used in the future.