nano-devel

Re: RFC: pruning some syntaxes

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: RFC: pruning some syntaxes
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 11:38:22 +0200

Op 10-04-2020 om 02:45 schreef Brand Huntsman:
> There have been requests to add syntaxes for new languages with very
> few users. I wouldn't add any of them to nano until distros begin adding
> them.

Do you know of any distro that adds one or more syntaxes to the default
ones that nano carries?

Since a few months, Arch provides this package:

  https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/any/nano-syntax-highlighting/

Are there any other distros that provide extra syntax files?  If not, then
it's still up to us to decide whether to include some more syntaxes in extra/.

Benno