nano-devel

Re: Fw: nano key bindings

From: Stephen Schmiechen
Subject: Re: Fw: nano key bindings
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 08:53:00 -0800

Hello thanks for all you do with Nano.
My vote is don't change anything.
There are folks out there using nano on restored vintage terminals without arrow keys
who would need the ^F.
(Its a great youtube rabbit hole).
But if it did have to change they could just rebind the keys.
Cheers
--Turtle

On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 7:06 AM Chris Allegretta <chrisa@asty.org> wrote:

Thanks for your consideration Benno. I put the Twitter account to use one last time and put up a poll, and will see if anything useful comes out of it.

To be clarify my position, I would be perfectly happy with ^F. Just worried that some random person in a computer lab that doesnt use arrow keys is silently relying on it, however unlikely that might be. I just see the trend of more and more folks needing to use nano in a web page, and the number of times I wasted just in the last year accidentally closing the entire window is frustrating. But I will gladly take using ^F over no change.