Re: distributing Octave in August

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: distributing Octave in August
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:25:33 +0200

On 6/15/07, Olli Saarela <address@hidden> wrote:
Have you tried starting octave with
 octave --interactive
It works for my current setup (Octave 2.9.12-3/MSVC, Windows XP, Xemacs
 21.4.19).

I received the following information from an Octave/Win32 user.

Bye,
Michael.

Emacs and Octave on Windows
===========================
This works just fine for me, using the official release of Emacs 22.1
dowloaded from www.gnu.org and Michael's MSVC octave-package (2.9.12-3) on
Windows XP Pro SP2.

I did the following:

0) Install Emacs and Octave
1) Define an environment variable HOME pointing to what I wanted as my home
directory
2) Added the emacs and octave bin directories to my PATH
3) Put my .emacs in the HOME directory
4) Put my .octaverc in the HOME directory
5) Added the following line to my .octaverc:

And now it works if you type M-x run-octave.

My only complaint so far is that window focus shifts from Emacs to the
Gnuplot window whenever I do a plot. If anyone can suggest how to fix this
I would be grateful.