Re: Octave-Forge: Redesign with responsive layout

From: Julien Bect
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge: Redesign with responsive layout
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 08:17:34 +0200

Le 29/08/2018 à 12:50, Oliver Heimlich a écrit :
[...snip...]

The orange color is darker now.

[...snip...]

This would require regular selection of a particular package with a short presentation of its contents (“package of the month”). I guess that a random selection with no more information than is already present on the package list was barely useful. Is someone willing to prepare such a package showcase on a regular basis? Or should the package maintainers prepare a more in-depth package description or quick tutorial?

[...snip...]

The initial paragraph has been broken into bullet points and a colorful image hopefully makes the welcome page more appealing. I have created an image with the Octave logo and several scientific symbols around it to visualize the various field specific packages on Octave Forge.

Hello Oliver,

You're really doing a great job on the web site these days.

I like what you did with the bullet points and the colorful picture.

Concerning the <code> style, I personnally like it even better with a little bit of spacing on both sides, and a colored background, like this:

margin-left: 3pt;
margin-right: 3pt;
background-color: #fff7ce80;

Concerning the selection of packages, I was indeed suggesting a *random* selection of packages, nothing more.

@++