Re: New Octave package "OCL" providing OpenCL support

From: Matthias W. Klein
Subject: Re: New Octave package "OCL" providing OpenCL support
Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 22:36:46 +0200

Hi Colin,

thanks for your hints. In short, this triggered package version 0.9.1.

Correctly installing the OpenCL drivers can, to my experience, be a
hassle sometimes. This is one of the reasons why I chose dynamic library
OpenCL driver installation, on the other side, is out of my scope;
abundant info can be found in the web.

However, since you are writing that 'clinfo' (thanks to mention!) gives
correct information, this may not be your issue.

Unfortunately, OCL 0.9.0 was very short in details about error reporting
during library loading. I changed this in today's version 0.9.1.

The new version, using octave's library loader, has thus also become, in
general, operating-system independent.

I recommend trying the new version to you. If an error persists, let me
know the error message details.

Best,
Matt