Re: New Octave package "OCL" providing OpenCL support

From: Matthias W. Klein
Subject: Re: New Octave package "OCL" providing OpenCL support
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 16:51:59 +0200

>> I added a "Troubleshooting" section in OCL's README file...
>>
>> Can you try and comment?
>
> I would.  But its not clear to me how to use this from source.

There are two answers to that:

1.) All the steps from my troubleshooting list are commands on the
octave command line, so you don't need to bother with sources.

Since you obviously use an octave version which allows you to install
the package release tarball, the distinguishing steps are ready at your
hand - which is exactly what I intend for all users.

2.) You (as a developer) want to track down (or debug) actual causes of
segfaults etc., relying on sources.

You can work with sources and build using my Makefile. See my post to
your Ticket https://sourceforge.net/p/octave-ocl/tickets/4/ . Sorry for
the delay - I focussed on critical technical issues recently and just
didn't find the time to answer.

Matt