Re: https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/commercial-support.html

From: Colin Macdonald
Subject: Re: https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/commercial-support.html
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 14:06:23 -0700

On 2020-05-16 7:57 a.m., Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
CoCalc looks like a great tool for teaching and universities.  Your
software is free and open-source, one can run CoCalc on-premises, you
let people try the cloud version for free, and you seem capable of
providing commercial support for Octave.  To my knowledge there are no
formal criteria to be listed on this page yet.

If there are no objections by jwe and other maintainers, I would be
happy to add an entry for your company to the Octave website.

Hi Kai,

I also vouch for William, having worked with Sage and the precursors of CoCalc in the past. He does indeed provide excellent support. At least at that time, he was a true Free Software believer (which I mean as a compliment!)

I'm not a "core maintainer" but I certainly have no objections to this.

Colin