Re: https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/commercial-support.html

From: edmund ronald
Subject: Re: https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/commercial-support.html
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 07:40:57 +0200

Kai btw, there used to a reference to my own Octave VM package for the Mac; I can't find it any more - is there any reason this has been removed, eg user complaints?

Edmund

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 7:20 AM Kai Torben Ohlhus <address@hidden> wrote:
On 5/20/20 11:22 AM, edmund ronald wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 8:45 PM William Stein <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     Would the following HTML snippet work for the website:
>
>     <li>
>         <a
>     is an online service that provides GNU Octave via Linux Terminals,
>     Jupyter Notebooks and X11 desktops, with full support for realtime
>     collaboration.  Moreover, CoCalc features a course management system
>     that is tailored for teaching courses online.
>         The company Sagemath, Inc. develops and operates CoCalc.
>         You can start working with the <a href="" href="https://cocalc.com" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://cocalc.com">online
>     service</a> for free
>         and upgrade later for a better experience.
>         You can also run your own CoCalc on-premises.
>     </li>
>

> William, as this is an important entry gate for customers, you might
> wish to clarify what the "user value" is before the text is set in
> stone. Eg. explaining that this allows bringing up a pool of instances
> for teaching, sidesteps installation and maintenance issues etc.
>
> Edmund

Thank you for the snippet William and for considering being mentioned on
the Octave website.  I added the snippet to the website repo [1] and
should be visible online [2] by now.

Edmund, even though updating the website is not super easy, we do not
have to be worried about "texts to be set into stone".  At least I am
(and hopefully others [3] too) able to make changes to the Savannah CVS
beast if the snipped should be altered ;-)

Kai

[1] https://hg.octave.org/web-octave/rev/0fe4f2163a9c
[2] https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/commercial-support.html
[3] https://hg.octave.org/web-octave/file/0fe4f2163a9c/README.md