Fwd: [info] Octave Discord channel

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Fwd: [info] Octave Discord channel
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 10:38:55 -0500

How active is the Octave IRC these days?

I was in a seminar for an open source finite element tool, Elmer,  that addressed user issues and got into some discussion about how to enhance their contributor community.  I received the follow up copied below (trimmed to protect the innocent), from the person maintaining a Discord server for Elmer, Modelica, and others. I wasn't aware that there's a way to 'bridge' discord and IRC. Realizing we've decided to try moving a lot of communication to Discourse, is something like this worth pursuing?