Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Navigation schema ?

From: Famille Chateauvieux-Hellwig
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Navigation schema ?
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 17:56:09 +0200

Le vendredi 13 juin 2008 21:51, address@hidden a écrit :
> In a route(ie hmode=route) in the flightplan, the carrot is the position
> the airplane shoudl be in the carrot amount of seconds.

Ok let's forget the circle for now until I understand what the goal is.
I attached a small graphic.
Assuming the plane is in A and the target in B: Is the carrot on the actual
course (Heading line)(carrot A) or on the wanted course (=Bearing or Course
line) (carrot W) or on the real route (carrot R) whatever real route would
mean?
I don't understand why you would compute this carrot position:
        - Computing the wanted heading to carrot W or directly to target B
doesn't
really make a difference does it ?
        - Does knowig the location of carrot 1 helps in anything ?
        - How would you compute the carrot on the real route ? Can you predict
what
it's going to be ?

Thanks
Martial