Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Modem communication problems

From: Gareth Roberts
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Modem communication problems
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 17:55:54 +0100

Roman, do you have access to two computers?
Try using something like picocom  or screen(on linux) or Hyperterminal (on
windows) to chat between the two.  For example, under linux:
Laptop 1:
        screen /dev/ttyUSB0 9600
Laptop 2:
        screen /dev/ttyUSB0 9600
Laptop 1:
        Type "Hello World"
        Nothing should appear on the screen of laptop 1
Laptop 2:
        The words "Hello World" should magically appear.
You can also do this using one laptop.  Open two terminal windows and change
one of the device names to /dev/ttyUSB1.
If that doesn't work, it ain't a paparazzi problem!
Good luck, and I think you might be overcomplicating things - XBees usually
just magically work out of the box @ 9600.
--G