Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Spektrum Receiver

From: Tilman Baumann
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Spektrum Receiver
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:58:34 +0100

On 13/06/12 13:18, Gareth Roberts wrote:
Hi Tilman,

Still. I'm not sure how I would define that in the config file.

I've done MAN/AUTO2 before. You need to set the range really tight for AUTO1 (1501-1502) and use 1000-1500 for MAN & 1503-2000 for AUTO2. Initially set it up for MAN/AUTO1 to get the inner loop tuned up. Once it's done, then change it to MAN/AUTO2. That said, it would be nice to have AUTO1 too. Once it's properly set up, it makes landing idiot-proof!

Do you have config snippets perhaps?
I can't quite picture how you did that.

and use the momentary switch (trainer switch) to cycle through a range of manual / Auto1 / Auto2 settings

Toggling might get a bit confusing/dangerous, as there is no instant way to check your mode, especially if you lose telemetry.

use the momentary switch to give you a way of killing the motors

If this is a fixed-wing (I'm guessing from the modes), I wouldn't worry too much about a kill switch - just don't put it in AUTO2 unless you are prepared for the prop to spin :)

True, I think if I see it crash I rather go in manual and try to glide it down. And the prop is not really a problem in my Bixler as it is at the back and off the ground.