Re: [Paparazzi-devel] How to control more than 8 ESC with paparazzi?

From: Ranger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] How to control more than 8 ESC with paparazzi?
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 04:21:04 -0700 (MST)

Hi Christophe
Your advice are much appreciated! I am not seeking to developed a "manned"
drones, although would like to if possible...I am working on a tilt-wing
VTOL concept, and realised that there are not enough PWM pins for servos and
propellers...S.BUS should be the way ahead, following all your
suggestions...
I see now why the raspberry pi can be so cost-effective...As I just asked
Flixr, why not try to develop a board with high-end ARM processor and
extendable I/O ports for paparazzi? There is one startup company developing
similar product:
Snickerdoodle Linux autopilot
<https://www.suasnews.com/2015/10/snickerdoodle-linux-autopilot/>
I feel very grateful to hear so many replies from our community.
Best
Hao