perlsgml-dev

Re: [Perlsgml-dev] [FYI/RFC] SGML::Parser::OpenSP and SGML::Parser...

From: Earl Hood
Subject: Re: [Perlsgml-dev] [FYI/RFC] SGML::Parser::OpenSP and SGML::Parser...
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:57:46 -0500

On April 8, 2003 at 09:50, Yann Dirson wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 12:01:04PM -0500, Earl Hood wrote:
> > From an API design standpoint, what OpenSP uses internally does
> > not matter.  That is a problem for the backend implementor to resolve.
>
> Well, that's correct as long as it doesn't expose those datatype hacks
> through its API - I don't know whether it's true for OpenSP.

It is only a problem of the backend implementor, regardless if the
SP API exposes it.  The reason is that everything has to be mapped
to Perl data structures, so the public Perl-based API would not be
affected by the underlying SP API.

Now, it may complicate the implemenation for an (Open)SP backend, but
it should not affect the SGML::Parser API.

--ewh