[Phpgroupware-developers] New ACL class in CVS (can it really be?)

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: [Phpgroupware-developers] New ACL class in CVS (can it really be?)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:01:18 -0800

I have added phpgwapi/inc/class.acl2.inc.php to CVS (finally)

It is so named because it is not yet a drop in replacement for the current ACL and I have not yet written the conversion script.

I have also added phpgwapi/inc/class.acl2.sql which is the mysql table definition (will of course be dumped when the proper conversion scripts are done). Finally there is admin/acl2_tester.php which is a test script that can be used to see the acl in action.

I will be adding to the test script to example memberships and how they can be nested and still pass along their rights and masks.

To use the test script you need to use the phpgwapi/inc/class.acl2.sql script to create your phpgw_acl2 table, then login and edit the url in your browser to admin/acl2_tester.php Make sure if your not using cookies that you maintain your sessionid and such.

The class itself needs a few more functions to manage/view the acl records which will be needed by the soon to be coming ACL Manager.

I look forward to any feedback and questions

Seek3r