SV: SV: SV: [Phpgroupware-developers] New ACL class in CVS (can it reall

From: Sigurd Nes
Subject: SV: SV: SV: [Phpgroupware-developers] New ACL class in CVS (can it really be?)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:24:59 +0100

> Sigurd Nes wrote:
> >
> >>Looking good
> >
> > Thanks. Did you run the acl2_tester.php?
> >
> > acl2_tester.php is working fine
>
> Then grab the update I just commited. I show the functions that are
> being used and they may help explain it better.

> >> categories
> >
> >>Not sure what you mean
> >
> > My locations has to be defined somewhere as
> >  location=.property_register
> >  location=.equipment_register
> >  location=.invoicehandling
> >  location=.service_agreements
> >  location=.helpdesk
> >  location=.project_workorder
> >
> > I am thinking on how these definitions are stored and managed
>
> Right now you do not have to pre-register your locations. You simply
> grant rights to a location and then the acl knows about that location.

The functionality seems to be working just fine - I am curious on how
the interface to this will be.

I wish I could select my app (or call the acl from admin->app->acl) -
then select one of several predefined locations (for my app) from a list
- and then check the appropriate predefined right(s), depended of the
location, for my users (I picture a somewhat similar ui as for
'preferences->app->grant access')

I am curious on where this definitions (name/value of the checkboxes etc
..) should be stored - in the code (or template) or in the database?

I thought that if the values were stored in the database - an simple
admin_acl_hook (per app) would enable the acl for all apps - and the
maintainers would only be concerned by naming locations and defining
rights pr location.

I am sure this is well taken care of - so I'll just wait for the ACL
manager interface to try it out.

Sigurd