Re: SV: SV: [Phpgroupware-developers] New ACL class in CVS (can it reall

From: Dan Kuykendall
Subject: Re: SV: SV: [Phpgroupware-developers] New ACL class in CVS (can it really be?)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 03:26:45 -0800

Sigurd Nes wrote:

Looking good

Thanks. Did you run the acl2_tester.php?

acl2_tester.php is working fine

Then grab the update I just commited. I show the functions that are being used and they may help explain it better.

Are you planning to manage the locations as for the (global)
categories

Not sure what you mean

My locations has to be defined somewhere as
 location=.property_register
location=.equipment_register location=.invoicehandling location=.service_agreements location=.helpdesk location=.project_workorder
I am thinking on how these definitions are stored and managed

Right now you do not have to pre-register your locations. You simply grant rights to a location and then the acl knows about that location.

Same thing about the right - optimally - I would like to have the
ability to have different sets of rights per location. My location
'invoicehandling' will have three extra rights (janitor, supervisor and
budget_responsible)

This is no problem. Again the acl2_tester.php examples this.
The rights field just takes a number. You can define how the 8 possible rights are used, there is no predefinition of what 1 or 2 or 4 or 8 etc.. means. If you want 1 to mean janitor, then you can do that.

Dan