Re: How to continue

From: David Philippi
Subject: Re: How to continue
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:39:50 +0200

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 21:55, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:

> I am using icq through a jabber-gateway. The problem with random
> message loss is a know problem and had happend due to a protocol
> change, its fixed in licq-cvs, ickle and the jabber-gateway IIRC.

Seems like I should install a jabber client after all...

> Its cheating and its something that you won't find in any real
> (commercial) game, therefore I am searching for a workaround.

How about allowing only 1 action beeing applied while beeing in pause mode
with a timer preventing pause, apply, play/pause, apply...
As far as I remember using pause to analyze the layout of the level was
possible in the original lemmings too.

> Yep, unifing it for all actions is impossible, after all some actions
> are there to prevent collision (slider). But a walker and a climber
> have very similar collision points.

What about providing the common methods as proteced members in the base
class? If there are not too many different ways and the differences in
similar types can be factored out into some sort of parameter this should
work.