Re: cleanup patch / design rules

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: cleanup patch / design rules
Date: 24 Aug 2002 21:38:08 +0200

David Philippi <address@hidden> writes:

> There's more than enough to do without changing this. Do you have
> any estimation when 0.5 may be ready?

As 0.5 should be a level-devel and test release it doesn't have to be
polished and all, but it should made sure that it works for
level-devel and that the user doesn't run into dead-ends like the
option menu. Unfished parts of the game should be marked with big fat
blinking letters as unfinished. It might take probally a week to get
it release ready, its just a question of who does the work and who
decides what needs to be done.

> I'll see that I change the game engine classes to use game_speed
> then. Is every part of the game engine derived from WorldObj

Everything game related should derived from WorldObj, but there might
be a few child classes of WorldObj's which are not itself a WorldObj.
Particle and PinguAction for example are classes which don't need to
be a WorldObj, but currently are for historic reasons, that could
probally be changed too.

> or is e.g. the input related code also running at a fixed rate?

Input runs at a variable tick rate, since its not part of the engine
itself.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927